Keep your refrigerator clean:Refrigerator is a common place to store most of your food items . hence it becomes extremely important to keep your refrigerator clean so as to avoid any bacteria or fungus getting into your food.
- Keep your refrigerator organized. do not overstuff
- Remember to discard stale food items and keep your refrigerator updated
- Deep clean your refrigerator at least once in a month.
- tomatoes- tomatoes need not to be stored in the refrigerator. buy them half ripe and store in a dry container away from direct sunlight and moisture.
- leafy vegetables(lettuce, spinach etc.) - To keep your greens fresh for a longer time, wash them thoroughly and then let them dry completely, ensure that there is no moisture left. Now them with a paper towel and store in the refrigerator upto 5 days.
- Herbs - The best hack to store herbs is to treat them like delicate flowers. Just clip their stems and place them in a glass of water in shallow sunlight. they will last 2-3 days. Another method is to chop the herbs finely. place 1 tsp. chopped herbs in a silicon ice tray. put some melted butter over it and let it cool. now place the tray in refrigerator and use these herb cubes directly into your pan whenever required.
- To store bananas, cover the crown of the bunch with aluminium foil and store in a cool dry place
- To store berries, wash them with 2/3 part of water and 1/3 part of white vinegar mixed together. Dry them and keep them in an air tight container in refrigerator for upto 15 days.
- To store grapes, do not separate them from the bunch until you are ready to consume.
- To store a half cut lemon, sprinkle some salt over the cut area and place it in a refrigerator. wash before using it next time.