- Cooking oil - 4 tbs.
- pure ghee- 1 tbs.
- vermicelli - 1 and 1/2 cup
- mustard seeds - 1 tbs.
- curry leaves - 8 to 10
- green chili- 1(cut into small pieces)
- tomato - 1 ( diced)
- onion - 1 ( chopped)
- capsicum (green bell pepper) - 1 (chopped)
- garam masala - 1 tbs.
- tomato ketchup - 6 to 7 tbs.
- salt- as per your taste
- water- 1 cup
- coriander ( cilantro) - 1/2 cup chopped
- water- 1 and 1/2 cup
- take 1 tbs pure ghee in a pan and warm it.add vermicelli and roast it for about 5 min till it turns slightly golden brown in color.
- after roasting, take out the vermicelli in a separate bowl and into the pan add cooking oil and let it heat.
- to the well heated oil, add mustard seeds and wait for them to crack nicely.( be careful and stay away from the stove to protect yourself from the bouncing mustard)be sure not to burn the mustard seeds. it takes only a few seconds to crack.
- Now add onions and fry them till they get soft. after 2 min of frying add the curry leaves and ginger and fry again.
- once the onions are soft, add capsicum ad fry for another 2 min.
- now add the tomatoes, green chili , salt and garam masala to the pan. mix everything well.
- when all the veggies get well integrated, add 1/2 cup of water and transfer the roasted vermicelli to the pan. begin mixing everything together on low flame.
- when the vermicelli is semi-soft, add some more salt and garam masala to it and mix well. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of water over it and mix again. keep mixing. do not stop. keep the flame low all the time.
- check the softness of vermicelli by pressing it between your fingers. if it is more than half cooked, turn of the flame and keep mixing.
- After mixing it for some time, cover the pan with a lid and let the vermicelli cook within its own steam for 5 min
- After 5 min open the lid, add tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Bambino vermicelli is ready. garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.