Masala Poha| Indian Puffed rice recipe
- Poha- 2 cups
- cooking oil - 2 tbs.
- cumin seeds- 1 tbs.
- peanuts- 1/2 cup ( roasted)
- curry leaves- 5-6
- green chilies - 1 cut into small pieces
- lemon juice- 2 -3 tbs.
- ginger - a small pieces cut into julians
- potato - 1 cut into fine pieces
- onion- 1 finely chopped
- tomato - 1 finely chopped
- coriander - 1/c cup finely chopped
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp.
- red chili powder - 1 tsp.
- coriander powder - 1 tbs.
- salt - 1 tsp.
- Garam masala - 1 tbs.
- water - 2 cups
- take poha in a large strainer and wash it with water twice. keep it aside.
- In a pan add cooking oil and let it heat on low flame. Now add cumin seeds to it.
- the cumin seeds will start sizzling immediately if the oil is appropriately hot. at this time add the curry leaves, ginger Julian and potatoes. sprinkle some salt over it and stir. fry the potatoes for a bout 2 min and then cover the lid to speed up the cooking. keep checking after every 2 min and stir it to avoid sticking to the pan. cook the potatoes till the are slightly golden in color.
- Now add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder , garam masala and salt. mix everything well.
- Add Poha and pea nuts to the pan and mix everything nicely so that the masala in the pan gets nicely coated on poha.
- At last, turn off the flame and sprinkle the chopped onion, tomato coriander and lemon juice. mix everything well and serve hot