Sooji Cheela| Semolina pancakes
- Bread- 2 slices
- Sooji(fine Semolina)- 1 cup
- Curd or yoghurt- 1 cup
- Salt -1 tbs.
- Garam masala- 1 tbs.
- cooking oil- 1/4 of a cup
- veggies - onion,capsicum, tomato, green chilies, coriander(1 cup altogether finely chopped)
- Water -2 cups
- Non stick tawa - https://amzn.to/2KO2qB3
- Wooden Spatula
- large mixing bowl
- Hand whisk
- Large serving sppon
- take a large bowl and in it add semolina, curd and a cup of water and mix well. use a hand whisk to mix properly and avoid forming lumps in the batter
- Crumble the bread slices with your hand and mix it in the batter. add some more water, mix well and leave the batter to rest and rise for about 20 min.
- After 20 min , add salt and garam masala to the batter. also add the left over water to adjust the consistency. the consistency should be little lighter than that of a cake batter.
- Place the non stick tawa on gas stove on high. flame. applu 1 tbs. oil and spread all over the tawa. after the tawa is hot enough, wipe the oil with a paper towel and lower the flame to medium.
- Now take a large sppon full of the batter and pour it on the tawa. start spreading it with light circular motion of your hand moving from inward to outward.
- while the batter on tawa is still wet on the top, sprinkle the veggies and press them lightly using your spatula.
- let the cheela cook on med. flame for a min then start lifting it from the sides using the spatula. gently move towards the centre an flip the cheela. cook on the flip side for a min. keep pressing gently.
- After a minute, flip back, fold and serve in a plate with tomato ketchup.