- Jack fruit- Raw 1/2 kg. (cut into small pieces)
- Mustard oil - 2 cups.
- dried fenugreek leaves- 2-3 tbs.
- water- 2 ltr.
- butter- 2 spoon full.
- salt- 2-3 tbs.
- cumin seeds- 1 tbs.
- bay leaves - 2- 4 leaves
- green cardamom - 4-5 pieces
- coriander seed powder - 1 tbs.
- turmeric powder - 2 tsp.
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp.
- Kashmiri red chili powder - 2 tbs.
- Garam masala powder - 2 tbs.
- Salt - 2 tbs.
- Onions - 3-4 pieces(finely chopped)
- tomato puree - 1 cup
- ginger garlic paste - 2 tbs.
- In a pressure cooker add 1 cup mustard oil and heat it well. to the hot oil add the jack fruit pieces and fry them well for about 5-10 min on med flame till the begin to look golden.
- Now add 1 and 1/2 lt. water in the cooker. add 1 tsp. turmeric powder and 1 tbs salt. mix everything well and cover the lid. after 2 whistles, turn off the flame and let the cooker cool down on its own naturally.
- In a frying pan add 1 cup oil and heat it. to the hot oil add all the whole spices and let them sizzle for about 2 min. now take out the cardamoms and keep them aside to be used later.
- Add the onions in the pan and fry them nicely till they turn golden brown in color.
- after the onions are fries, add the ginger garlic paste. mix and cook for 2 min.
- Now add tomato puree and salt. mix everything well and cook for about 2 min. Now add the ground spices. 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbs. coriander seed powder, 1 tsp red chili powder, 2 tbs. kashmiri red chili powder, 1 tbs garam masala and 1 tbs salt. mix everything thoroughly and cook for about 5 min till the oil starts oozing out of the gravy.
- Now add 1 cup water and the boiled jack fruit pieces into the gravy. on top of it, sprinkle the fenugreek leaves, 1 tbs. garam masala and 2 spoonful of butter.
- mix everything and cover the lid. let the jack fruit cook in the gravy with the pan covered with the lid for the next 20 min. this is how the jack fruit pieces will absorb all the flavors of the gravy.
- After 20 min. the veg mutton is ready to be served. serve it hot with some chapatis.